What to expect

A blog written by a young professional who aspires to be someone in this world through a relationship with Christ, an understanding of what this world has to offer, a life of service, dedication, passion, and of course a love for sports.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Slow Food Movement

So if you didn't know I am a very conscious eater. I know A TON of where food comes from, what is the best to eat, and why you should consume certain foods and not others. My main issue is time. When I was in Tallahassee, I had a difficult time juggling all of my activities, work, and school with getting the proper nutrition and exercise in. It completely put a damper on my energy, my physical appearance, and my happiness for that matter. I ended up substituting all of the food I despise because it was more convienent for my schedule. 


Well being home has allowed me to get back into the groove of eating that I love, healthy. I eat healthy, organic, and low calorie foods that increase my health, energy, and make me who I am. Food is such an important component in everyone's life; for me it is essential to a happy one. My one downfall back home is the exercising portion. I am not a member of a gym down here nor do I even have time to have a healthy regiment since everything I would do would be outside and there is not a night that goes by that is doesn't downpour in South Florida. 


So I cannot wait to get back to Tallahassee, start a regular schedule of cardio and strength training, and eat the way I LOVE to eat: organic and locally. 


I have attached a link called the Slow Food Movement which encourages people to be aware of what they are buying and eating as well as encourage people to take the time to cook and eat with your family. Eating with the family builds strong bonds, ties, and BONES! 


Enjoy and God Bless! 


Slow Food Movement Video :)

No comments:

Post a Comment