What to expect

A blog written by a young professional who aspires to be someone in this world through a relationship with Christ, an understanding of what this world has to offer, a life of service, dedication, passion, and of course a love for sports.

Monday, July 5, 2010

It's hard to stand on shifting sand

I went on a downloading spree a couple of months ago, just downloading anything that seemed like it could be a good song. The only problem I constantly have with these downloading spree's is that I forget what I downloaded and then cannot go back and remember each and every song that I should newly memorize. Well one of the songs I downloaded slipped through the cracks and landed on my shuffle on my ipod driving from Tallahassee for the summer and I couldn't help but feel completely moved by the lyrics. The amazing song is called, "In Better Hands" by Natalie Grant. The lyrics are overly captivating and hits home for me. 


One of the verses sings,
"It's hard to stand
On shifting sand
It's hard to shine
In the shadows of the night
You can't be free
If you don't reach for help
And you can't love
If you don't love yourself
But there is hope when my faith runs out...
Cuz I'm in better hands now"


Before this summer started I was going through a definite phase of figuring out who I was all over again. I was for sure figured out, but different events, circumstances, and reasons led me to question myself all over again. In Pastor Bell's sermon this past Sunday he explained how even though you are alive in Christ you can still be wearing your grave clothes, meaning "your past problems, addictions, and insecurities", and no matter how hard you try and rip the clothes off you still go back and put them back on at some point. I did that, for sure. 

I thought I could do everything on my own, be my own superwoman, and just figure out my life without any help or assistance. I quickly became completely overwhelmed, frustrated, and I fell hard into reality. This summer, though, allowed me to grab support from my family, especially my mom, and figure out how to get back on track. I reestablished my love for Christ and realized he is my rock, my redeemer, my whole life. I   found that hidden soul and ripped the grave clothes off for good, burned them, and now they are just ashes of a path that helped me become who I am right now, and who I will continue to be. 

I leave for my completely new life in 5 weeks to a place, Tallahassee, where I have resided for 4 lovely years where I laughed, yelled, cried, and rejoiced. It's now time to start a new chapter, graduate school and the young professional world, and I am so ready to take on any obstacles. I have God by my side, my family, my friends, and the deep deep trust that everything is going to turn out as God had always intended it to be. 

This is my new blog. My newwww blog of my redeemed life that was resurrected by the healing hand of God. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment