What to expect

A blog written by a young professional who aspires to be someone in this world through a relationship with Christ, an understanding of what this world has to offer, a life of service, dedication, passion, and of course a love for sports.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ignorant or naive?

A couple of years ago, if you had asked me any question relating to the environment I would have no opinion, no knowledge, and i would probably say I didn't care. My main focus was being in undergrad at the largest party school in Florida and making as many friends as I could. But now, as time has gone by, I have learned to appreciate the world so much and I thrive to grasp as much knowledge as I can about EVERYTHING going on in the world. 


Well, the reason I am explaining this is because I went on one of my favoriteee websites, blisstree.com, and saw a post about Ted Danson talking about the ocean in a series called the Ecoist on Sundance. Well I was like, "Ahh I need to watch all of this", but the series was in 2007 where I had no care in the world about what was going on. So naturally, I went and searched hulu and found small excerpts of celebrities explaining how important being green is and the importance of our world. I started watching all of them and getting completely enthralled about everything and figuring out how I personally can reduce my own carbon footprint more than I attempt to now. 


So below are going to be 2 links.... 
1) The hulu link of all the little excerpts so you can be inspired as well: http://www.hulu.com/ecoists
2) In light of the gulf spill, www.protectourgulf.com, is a website selling "Livestrong" type bracelets that go to the relief fund. I bought the black one yesterday and I am so excited to receive it in the mail. 


So, if you're not an avid worldly person ... start! Little by little you'll become so knowledgeable and cultured, and that's a blessing for sure. Anderson Cooper 360 on CNN is where I started... try it out :) 


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment