What to expect

A blog written by a young professional who aspires to be someone in this world through a relationship with Christ, an understanding of what this world has to offer, a life of service, dedication, passion, and of course a love for sports.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

life is not about you

tonight i was humbled.

each and every day there is someone or something that irritates me... (not good). i tend to get to upset about things that are not really that important. An example is someone making a "joke" but i take it the wrong way, someone cutting me off while driving, my next door neighbor's dog barking at 2am on a Monday night.

Today someone just had such a poor tone of voice with something that isn't even argumentative. It made me feel disrespected and not want to speak anymore with this person because i fear their reaction. While I was driving to meet up with the small group I co-lead, I prayed that I would be given the strength to realize that "It is not about me, it's about God's glory". I have to stop thinking that every person is the nicest and most respectable person. I must realize that people are self-absorbed and ridiculous and instead of investing my time in getting upset I MUST PRAY for them and for the strength to see past that and still love on them like Jesus Christ loves on me.

This is an important change in my life, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment