What to expect

A blog written by a young professional who aspires to be someone in this world through a relationship with Christ, an understanding of what this world has to offer, a life of service, dedication, passion, and of course a love for sports.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

it was the worst of times

so today i was extremely frazzled. It started out at work. I came in knowing exactly what I had to accomplish and in a timely fashion. When I was about to work on everything I was told it was already done. For some reason my brain just didn't function correctly from there and I just couldn't adapt to this empty gap. Instead of going through what needed to be completed outside that one task I just sat there completely clueless. I kept working on another part of the one task and I was rushing at this point. Rushing so much I didn't proofread it and then made some simple mistakes. Not mistakes that really meant anything, but to me it was poor work ethic and just a terrible product that I made. 


After that insane part of my day, I thought going to GRE class would be better .... but yet it wasn't. I was again completely clueless on everything that was being taught. Geometry blows. I haven't done geometry since the 10th grade. Thats 6 years ago. ...... cool. We did a short quiz at the end of like 6 questions, I bombed every single one. You can tell I feel extremely confident to continue. 


Then I am about to go over a friends house but everything is all wrong. She had to be somewhere and I couldn't get to her house until too close to the time she had to leave. So the assignment we needed to accomplish by tomorrow is now going to get down an hour before it's due which then makes me feel rushed and unprepared. 


Of course, God is probably trying to tell me to calm down and stop freaking out over meaningless things... but it's so hard. I take so much pride in my work product and ethic. I have worked so hard in making everything effective and correct. I wouldn't say I am a perfectionist in everything ... but I am one in what I prioritize to be of greatest importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment