What to expect

A blog written by a young professional who aspires to be someone in this world through a relationship with Christ, an understanding of what this world has to offer, a life of service, dedication, passion, and of course a love for sports.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fallen Off The Map

So I have not written since August 15th ... which was pretty much one of the first days I moved back to Tallahassee. 


It's been a bumpy ride so far actually. The transition into being a Graduate Assistant has been an interesting one. I am learning a lot about myself and how to handle others in a completely different way than I was used to before. 


I do though, LOVE living by myself. It is so refreshing, happy, and just overall peaceful. Of course I have been planning on instituting my new habitual lifestyle and it just hasn't happened yet. My procrastination is killing me physically and emotionally. 


Today in church my pastor said this: Stop making excuses, just begin. 
This statement is so easy to comprehend but yet I keep making excuses ... constantly. I always say, I'll study for the GRE when I don't have training at night. I'll read my bible in the morning when I get better sleep. I'll finish this book when I am less busy. I'll cook at home when I am not tired. Everything has been a fucking excuse and I am tired of it. 


I read this amazing blog : http://freestylemind.com/ 
I get there posts sent to my email and they are so helpful. I read them constantly, gather up my inspiration, and then somehow it dies along the way. 


I've realized that I have to write/type things out to study and remember.... so why don't I write down my goals so I can remember ... duh! 


So I wrote in the days and times I'm going to work out. I made food for the week. I actually cleaned my whole apartment and it smells like pumpkin (which I love). And I am prepared for the week ahead of me. 


Sundays are going to my cool off , reflective, prepare day from now on. I wake up refreshed with a beautiful church family and service, come home watch football all day, clean, bake, and mentally prepare myself for the week ahead that I will tackle full force. 


I have complete confidence in this week that God is going to lead me in the right direction. 


And I better write more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment